At JCYS Lakeview, we bring nature into the classroom for exploration-based science education. We plant seeds in our classroom, keep them watered, and watch them grow. Every year, we order chrysalises for the children to watch as the caterpillars mature and turn into beautiful butterflies. Our educational guidance makes sure children get the most out of what they naturally do anyway: explore the world and learn about everything in it.
Music specialist Susan Salidor visits classrooms at JCYS Highland Park to introduce children to the joy of music and movement. Susan has recorded 9 studio albums and has won multiple prizes for her work; she is also well-known as an early childhood music educator and regularly holds workshops throughout the Chicago area.
JCYS Wicker Park’s parent-tot yoga class, in partnership with jBaby, is a fun and interactive class that combines classic yoga poses with developmentally appropriate play! This class focuses on developing coordination, flexibility, strength, balance, and self-esteem, and provides a healthy and joyful opportunity for parent(s) and child to learn together.
At JCYS Family Centers, we don’t just serve fresh healthy food – teachers also eat with children to build good
habits and encourage trying new foods. Our food allergy protocols are designed to keep all children safe.
JCYS camps include…
• JCYS North Suburban Day Camp, our NEWEST daycamp option for campers in the northern Chicago suburbs.
• Horner Grove Day Camp, Campers participate in Red Cross swim lessons at The Lil’, weekly local field trips, in-house field trips, arts and crafts
• Camp STAR, a summer day camp and therapeutic program for children with ADD/ADHD
• Champ Camp, a sports-focused program for youth in the Highland Park and Highwood communities
• Big City Day Camp, a summer day camp for children to explore everything Chicago has to offer
• Sunflower Day Camp, the perfect day camp for our youngest campers. Operated out Highland Park, Buffalo Grove, Lincoln Square Ravenswood, and Wicker Park
Donate today to help JCYS provide affordable, high-quality programs to over 7,000 individuals throughout Chicago