Kristine Kent, PhD
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo (Buffalo, NY)
- Psychology Residency (APA accredited), Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Columbus, OH)
- MA, Clinical Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo
- MA, Developmental Psychology, Teachers College Columbia University (New York, NY)
- BS, Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo
Dr. Kent joined the Camp STAR team in 2015 and supervises the day-to-day treatment activities. Her favorite part of each day is recess, because the kids teach her new games like zombie tag. Dr. Kent completed her graduate training with the program developer of the Summer Treatment Program for Children (STP), the model of treatment upon which Camp STAR is based. She focuses on providing evidence-based treatments to children and their families, and she specializes in assessment and treatment of ADHD and disruptive behavior disorders.
During the school year, Dr. Kent is based at the Lutz Family Center in Highland Park working on all things Camp STAR. She also belongs to the North Shore chapter of CHADD, and regularly attends their monthly meetings at the Wilmette Library.