Jon Vegosen Champ Camp is an afternoon summer camp focuses on health and fitness, with traditional summer camp experiences. Each week campers enjoy:
- USTA Ten and under tennis instruction;
- daily Red Cross Learn-to-Swim instruction and free swim;
- healthy hands-on cooking lessons with curriculum provided by local nonprofit Nurture;
- group sports, arts and crafts, drama and theater; and
- weekly all-camp activities designed to optimize camp spirit, camaraderie and teamwork!
Held at the Lillian L. Lutz Recreation Center, Champ Camp utilizes the facility’s two Max Davidson tennis courts, multi-purpose sports court, and state-of-the-art pool with a deep end, water slide, pool basketball and two shallow ends – one of which is only two feet deep, perfect for beginning swimmers.
Champ Camp scholarships are partially funded by JCYS Director for Life Jon Vegosen. An avid tennis player, Mr. Vegosen is Chairman of the Board and President of the United States Tennis Association, Chairman of the US Open, and serves on numerous tennis associations throughout the globe. It was his love of tennis that inspired him to support Champ Camp.