Families interested in enrolling their child at Camp STAR must first go through a screening and intake process. This process helps clinical staff to ensure that Camp STAR will be a good fit for your child.
- A pre-screening phone interview is conducted. Camp STAR staff will provide more information about the program and answer your questions. They will also ask some screening questions about your child to begin the assessment process.
- An in-person intake assessment is completed. The intake includes a parent interview and brief psychoeducational testing with your child. We will also give you forms for your child’s teacher to complete.
- Clinical staff will review all information once assessment is complete to determine if Camp STAR is a good fit for your child. We will then contact you about acceptance and registration, or provide additional referrals if necessary.
For more information, or to begin the enrollment process: email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call us at 847.433.6001 x106
$6,300 for the entire seven-week therapeutic program.
- Health insurance plans may cover portions of the cost of this program; however, payment levels vary depending on the specific provisions of respective plans. In past years, many families have been successful in seeking partial reimbursement for the services provided at Camp STAR.
- For those families in need, JCYS offers a Scholarship Program to offset the cost of tuition. Eligible families may apply for financial aid after completing the intake appointment for Camp STAR.
Bus transportation from Chicago to Highland Park is available for an additional $500.