Camp STAR was founded in 2008 and is the only treatment program of this type in Illinois, and one of only 12 programs across the world for children with ADHD and related disorders.
Camp STAR adheres to the evidence-based therapeutic Summer Treatment Program (STP) model developed by William E. Pelham, Jr., Ph.D., a leading psychologist in the field of ADHD research. The STP model delivers treatment tailored to children’s individual behavioral and learning needs and has over 30 years of research supporting its effectiveness.
The STP treatment model used at Camp STAR has received numerous accolades:
- Named as a Model Program for Child and Family Mental Health by the Division of Child, Youth, and Family Services of the American Psychological Association.
- Awarded Program of the Year by CHADD, a national parent advocacy group for children with ADHD.
- Listed in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- The STP treatment model has been used in clinical trials conducted with funding from the National Institute of Mental Health.
Who is eligible?
- Children entering grades 1 – 5 for the 2016-2017 school year.
- We are excited to introduce our new STAR middle school program for summer 2016!
(Children entering grades 6 – 7)
- Mon June 20 – Fri Aug 5, 2016.
- 9 am – 4:30 pm
Where? Camp STAR is based in Highland Park, IL.
The summer location for Camp STAR is Indian Trail Elementary School.
During the school year, base operations are at JCYS Lutz Family Center, 800 Clavey Rd.
What are other parents saying about Camp STAR? See parent testimonials.
Why enroll your child at Camp STAR? See Our Program for more information about the activities and interventions at Camp STAR.